Posted By Janet Lawson, MFT on August 6, 2015
The Autistry Support Network is pleased to invite you to attend a special panel discussion on Financial Planning for Special Needs to be held at Autistry Studios’ new location.
Date: Thursday, August 27, 2015
Time: 7pm to 8:30 pm
Where: Autistry Studios, 448 Du Bois Street, San Rafael (Directions)
**REGISTRATION REQUIRED** RSVP to Barbara Waite.
Parents must plan carefully to provide the best future possible for their children with special needs. Most families want to maximize their child’s eligibility for government programs like SSI and Medi-Cal, but also want to use tools like Special Needs Trusts to maintain a certain standard of living for their child. During this panel discussion, experts from various fields will address questions such as:
• How might a Special Needs Trust be used most effectively in an estate plan? Is the ABLE Act a useful tool?
• How do I know if I have set aside enough assets for my child, and how should these assets be invested?
• How should I think about naming a family member versus corporate trustee for my Special Needs Trust?
• Under what circumstances should I consider using insurance to fund my child’s Special Needs Trust?
• Under what conditions should I consider a limited conservatorship for my child?
ASK AHEAD OF TIME! What are your most pressing questions about financial planning for your Autistry student? What do you wish you knew?
Send questions to Susan Ansberry.
Our panelists will be:
What is the Autistry Support Network? The ASN is the booster group for Autistry Studios. It coordinates auxiliary activities such as field trips, speaker events, fundraisers, social get-togethers, and more. If you are the parent or guardian of an Autistry student, congratulations—you are automatically a member of the ASN! There aren’t any dues, but the ASN does provide opportunities to network with other parents who “get it” and the chance to support all Autistry students.